Last week, I shared some ideas for how to wear white after Labor Day here and here. It’s still in the 90s in Houston, so we can get away with wearing white jeans with a summery top, but if it’s starting to get cool where you live, you don’t have to abandon your favorite white jeans; you can transition them to fall and even winter with a few wardrobe updates.
- wear heavier fabrics and darker colors
- wear a lightweight top under a heavy jacket
- layer a vest over a long-sleeved shirt
- wear animal prints and suede
- accessorize with silver jewelry for a wintry look
The white jeans I’m wearing are from cabi, a woman’s clothing line sold at home shows and private appointments, from a couple of seasons ago and are no longer available. This pair from Talbots and this one from Kut from the Kloth are similar.
5 More Ways to Wear White Jeans After Labor Day
2. Start with a lightweight print and flats, switch to booties when it gets cooler, then add a jacket and tuck your jeans into riding boots for cold weather.
3. Wear a long vest with a long-sleeved tee for a cozy look.
4. Contrasting colors and mixed prints will brighten up a wintry day.
5. You can even wear all white – just mix different shades so it doesn’t look too summery.
Have I convinced you yet? Will you be rocking the white jeans look this fall? It’s a great way to maximize the pieces in your wardrobe and save money, which means you can buy more shoes. 🙂