Wow. I didn’t intend to take such a long break from blogging! It’s almost the end of July, and I have done a lot this summer. Here’s a list, in chronological order (because I am particular):
- saw Bernie
- redecorated my mom’s bedroom
- went to Seattle for Anna Jane’s birthday
- took Anna Jane to the Space Needle for the first time (the start of a birthday tradition with Mom, Pete, Sue, and Luke)
- helped at Anna Jane’s birthday party at Little Gym – so fun to watch her have fun with her friends!
- read Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson; the chapter on stories from her years in HR alone is worth the read
- read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn; it’s as good as you’ve heard, although the ending didn’t pack as much of a punch as I anticipated it would
- finally read The Hunger Games so I can discuss it with my homeschool student and/or see the movie with him (still awaiting word on whether his mom will let him read it ;))
- met my friend, Rachela, in San Francisco and drove to Napa for the Fourth of July before we went to Hoopla; it will be hard to top this as the highlight of my summer!
- went to Hoopla!!!!!! (Stella & Dot’s national sales conference – more on that later)
- ordered all of my new samples from the Fall 2012 collection
- went to Spark & Hustle, a conference for women who are small business owners (it was FREEZING in the ballroom!)
- watched Friends with Kids on On Demand; Jennifer Westfeldt wrote, directed, and starred in it; you may remember her from Kissing Jessica Stein, another movie she wrote, directed, and starred in; she is also Jon Hamm’s longtime girlfriend, which is neither here nor there, but a fact
- held 4 trunk shows with 2 more this weekend and many more on the horizon
- started tutoring again
One of the consequences of not blogging for 6 weeks is that I have dozens of posts swirling around in my head, and I’m not quite sure where to begin again. I will try to come to some sort of agreement with myself in the next few days.
It’s good to be posting again!