I don’t watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, so I didn’t know who either of these two people were when I saw pictures from their wedding posted on Stella & Dot’s Facebook page, but Peyton and her bridal party caught me eye for several reasons.
Peyton’s dress is beautiful! You can see more on her Facebook page or on HGTV’s Facebook page.
Reasons the picture of the bridal party caught my eye:
- The flower girl’s sweet, darlin’ dress!
- I like the color of the bridesmaid dresses, and the style is flattering on most body types.
- I love the simple bouquets.
- The bridesmaids are wearing Stella & Dot’s Serenity Stone Drops and Garden Party Chandelier Earrings. Bold earrings are the perfect accessory for a dress with a strong neckline.
- The shoes. I don’t know why, if they are all wearing the same dress and alternating earrings, the girls aren’t wearing the same shoes?!? It just doesn’t make sense. I don’t like the gold wedges. They don’t complement the color of the dress. And why the orange and the tan shoes? Why??? The tan shoes aren’t bad because they sort of fade away and keep the focus on the neckline of the dress. My guess is that because the wedding was on the beach, the bridesmaids were barefoot for most of the pictures and just put on shoes for a few photos. Or maybe two of the bridesmaids forgot their gold wedges. Whatever. The shoes spoil the effect, in my opinion. Maybe the photographer can work some Photoshop magic.
Tiny first-world complaint about the shoes aside, it looks like it was a beautiful wedding near Charleston, South Carolina. The bride looks gorgeous, and the pictures are, too.
Inspired by Peyton’s bridal party style, I put together some looks for summer weddings. Bridesmaid dresses have come a long way from these!
For more bridesmaid dresses, go to the J. Crew bridal shop. J. Crew has a great selection of on-trend styles, fabrics, and colors. For more ideas on wedding jewelry, visit my e-boutique. I think Stella & Dot earrings, necklaces, and bracelets make great bridal party gifts, and the jewelry looks fabulous in pictures!