It’s a beautiful spring day in Houston. This is what I would like to do today:
- go to church – it’s Palm Sunday
- take a walk to Memorial Park and go to the Bayou City Art Festival
- clean out my closet and make room for spring clothes!
- go to HomeGoods, Stein Mart, and Ikea and hunt for bargains for my house
- decorate house with said bargains
- go shopping for something to wear next Sunday on Easter
- use my DSW coupon to get $20 off my next pair of shoes $49.95 or more! (like this adorable denim ballet flat)
- take some shoes (new or gently used) to Cole Haan and receive 20% off my next purchase!
- take Coco to the dog park down the street – everyone looks like they are having such a good time when I drive by it
- go to Target (no weekend is perfect without a trip to Target!)
- buy some white pillar candles to put in my fireplace candle holder
- did I mention I want to buy some shoes?
This is what I will do today:
- take care of Mom (does she have a UTI now?) and Coco (scratching up a storm)
- order groceries and diet meals online
- make mom work on her tax stuff
- go through all of Mom’s medications to figure out what she really is taking so that we can talk to her doctor about it at tomorrow’s appointment
- make a spreadsheet of Mom’s meds with dosages/times to take
- create lesson plans and email them to my substitute
- call a new landscaping guy to transform Mom’s sorely neglected patio before Thursday
- schedule Blackmon Mooring to clean Mom’s carpets this week
- meet/talk with Nurse Jane Fuzzy-Wuzzy about all of Mom’s appointments and procedures tomorrow
- distribute all meds to the patients
- order new underwear online at Nordy’s (I can order underwear online, right???)
- put gas in Mom’s car; think about when we can take it in for someone to check on why it’s making that “whup-whup” sound when we slow down
- make Mom drink lots of fluids
- quadruple check my lists to make sure I am doing everything I’m supposed to do
On a beautiful spring day in Houston.